Friday, September 16, 2011

Oh the Indignity of It.......

Well, summer is pretty much coming to an end now and where most normal people's thoughts turn to log fires and cosy evenings, my Mum's thoughts turned to baths... "It's our last chance Deccy" she said, reaching for the Tea Tree shampoo. Fortunately (for her, not me) I didn't know what this meant as I've not had a bath at home before, so I stood and watched ever hopeful that a large knuckle bone or at least a rawhide chew would appear. But no! There I was admiring my tomato plants when a whole watering can of warm water gets tipped over me. Then there's a load of smelly shampoo (nothing pleasant like fox poo) gets rubbed in and my unmentionables are scrubbed with a sponge... not that I have any unmentionables anymore, but that's not the point.

The final indignity was being dried with some new towels Mum had bought just for me. Except they were red, and she hadn't washed them first. So I'm not blue and white anymore, I'm blue and pink. The only saving grace is that she couldn't find the camera. It's bad enough with the cat laughing at me. I just hope it wears off soon or I shall only be going out under the cover of darkness.

3 comments:

Elaine Pritchard said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh Declan! I LOVE having a shower under the watering can. Poor you for not enjoying it. But I bet your coat was nice and soft and shiny afterwards.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's lovely to meet another greyhound blogger in the Midlands. Do keep in touch.

Are you going to the Great Greyhound Gathering tomorrow in Nottinghamshire?

Love and licks, Winnie

Hiking Hounds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Hi Declan, It's so nice to meet you. You are a very handsome guy, I really like all your markings. I had to laugh when you said you had turned pink. I bet it will wear off soon. It sounds like you have a wonderful family!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh dear!

Daddies do that to me too, except they put me in the BATH!!!

There is so much water everywhere!

xo

Post a Comment