Friday, July 20, 2012

Wey Hey Loads of Birds!


Ha! That got your attention didn't it?!  Well actually I'm talking about the feathered variety. As everyone (because us Brits haven't stopped banging on about it) knows, summer here as been nearly a total washout. So the Mums think themselves very lucky that when they went on a recent visit to the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust at Slimbridge in Gloucestershire, it was a beautiful day. I didn't get to go (can't imagine why...) so I spent a very pleasant time with Ganny.

Yeah well...like I even miss you when I've got Ganny's garden to run in...

Slimbridge is a magnificent place (apparently - I wouldn't know, would I? - sniff) covering over 120 acres. It was founded in 1946 and is one of nine wetland centres across the UK.

     source

Obviously David Bailey Mum took her camera with her and got really snap happy. Whilst some of the photos aren't too bad, David Attenborough she ain't so I am unable to tell you what most of the birds are....

Pelican
She has a habit of taking this sort of shot.....
Not the foggiest.....
Errrr....black swan?!
Baby black swan (I'm getting good at this....!)
You got me there....
And again.. though one of them seems to be headless......
Ooooh I know that one - Flamingos!


When Mums eventually came rushing back bothered to come home, I gave them my best deeply hurt look. Good isn't it? Hehe!