Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Bad Case of Man-Flu.....

Hello everyone. I had hoped to be telling you all about my lovely Northumberland holiday, but unfortunately, I've come home with a nasty dose of Man-Flu. Well, at least that's what Mum is calling it. Not that she thinks I'm faking it or anything, it's just that I do seem to be making the most of it......

To put it delicately (some of you may be about to eat...) I've got a bit of an upset tummy. Mummies can vouch for this as between them they had to take me outside 8 times in 6 hours overnight, in order for me to use my private bathroom (behind the hedge).

Mum says she doesn't think it's anything to worry about too much at this stage; I just need to take things easy. I have interpreted this as follows: I can sleep where I want, when I want regardless of how inconvenient it is for everyone else. The gas fire and central heating will be left on at all times. Mum will hand feed me fillet steak and coffee cake and there will be warm milk to hand. She will constantly tell me how pleased she is to be taking me outside at 2.00am in the pouring rain and force 10 gale.

Mum's interpretation: My bed will be placed under the window, out of the way. If I am cold I can have my Banky over me and the heating will not be left on all night. I will be starved for 24 hours and then given small meals of chicken, rice and scrambled eggs. I will drink only bottled water. She will try and not be grumpy when being awakened by me loudly breaking wind, but isn't making any promises..

Life can be so very cruel sometimes, or at least Mum can be. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be feeling well enough to raise my head from my pillow in the next day or so and I'll tell you all about my holiday then.

12 comments:

rottrover said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my. It does sound like man-flu. Your mum has a good plan - or at least that is what we get for upset tummies. Poor you!! Feel better!

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

Jasmine said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Awwwwe, poor Deccy! My Mommy agrees with yours, I'm afraid. So, take it easy mum's way, and feel better soon!

Puppy Love,
Jasmine

genji said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Don't worry. People do that all the time. Going on vacation and coming back with a cold/flu. Hope you at least got to enjoy your vacation.

jet said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Sounds like you ate something you shouldn't have Deccy.... you sure you haven't been snacking on nasty things while your mum isn't looking?

Greyhounds CAN Sit said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Sorry to read about your man-flu, Deccy. That often happens to humans when they get home from holiday too. I hope you keep your germs to yourself or you won't have anyone to nurse you. I think you best do what Mum says so you get better soon. I'm sure you don't like having to go outside every hour during the night either!

Can't wait to read about your holiday:)

greygirl25 said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh, I'm so sorry you are under the weather. My guys will be happy to have a little chat with your mums to see if we can't get your 24 hour flu care upgraded to first class.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh Deccy...

Hope you feel better soon..

xo
Luna

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

We are sure sorry to hear that you are not feeling so well right now. Sounds like you are getting top-notch attention and care though so you should be doing lots better very soon. Hugs and nose kisses

KIPPY MARRIE said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Olá amiguinha... Gostei de voce e do seu blog. Espero que melhore logo. Fique boa, ok?
Estou seguindo seu blog. Ficarei feliz se vier me conhecer e SEGUIR meu blog também - JOIN THIS SITE MY BLOG - MEMBERS MY BLOG. Sou uma York, a KIPPY e moro no Brasil. Te espero com grande alegria.
Aus aus da amiguinha...

KIPPY

Elaine Pritchard said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Goodness me! You are the second boy I've visited today who has man flu. Hope it's not catching.

Take care - I won't kiss you until you are better if you don't mind.

Lots of love - from a safe distance. Hope you are 100% better very soon.

Winnie

houndstooth said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh Declan, I am so very sorry! How horrible to come down with the Man Flu while on vacation. I really hope that you're feeling better soon.

Shall I write a letter of protest to your mum? How can she treat you so cruelly when you are feeling so low? It's just not right!

Bunny

Harry said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Get well soon Deccy, my Daddies always tell me how serious 'Man Flu' is and how much they suffer when they have it. Love Harry

Post a Comment