Sunday, October 20, 2013

Norfolk 2013

As some of you will know, my Mums and I have recently been to Norfolk for a holiday. It's not a place any of us knew very well, but we were delighted to discover that not only did we love it, but a fair few of our friends can be found there too!

I thought you might be interested in seeing what I got up to (apart from sleeping) so here goes.....

We stayed in a beautiful little village called Old Hunstanton. 

Rather predictably, we wasted remarkably little time locating the local pub / hotel. It is a place we got to know well over the following week....

It was lovely to meet up with Sue & Polly from Graceful Greyhounds

When you are on holiday, it's important not to rush things.....and luxuriate in the fact that KC isn't hogging the bed.....

Surprise, surprise, here I am back at the pub again enjoying a cheese bone whilst me Mums chat with Aunty Hilary from Terrier Fun. (Really she just wanted to admire me, and took this rather good picture)

One of the things that North Norfolk is really famous for is crabs. I was very excited to here this, as I have my very own crab line, which had never been put to use, so I demanded that Mums took me to some good crabbing spots....

I shall sit here and supervise, so come on get on with it...I want to see crabs.....

Hmmm. They won't make much of a sandwich.....

Bigger, Bigger!

Better, but perhaps we should leave it to the professionals!

So we bought crab sandwiches from this little mobile stall on the quay at Blakeney. Mums say to tell you, that if you are ever in the area, try one; they are the best crab sandwiches they have ever had! (I quite liked them too!)

We were just planning on leaving Blakeney, when we bumped into our friends from near home, Debbie, her daughter Lisa and their hounds Sage, Romi and Tye. We knew they were on holiday at the same time as us, but it was a lovely surprise to bump into them!


After all that excitement, I thought I deserved an ice cream.........

Blimey, that's a  bit random Mum! Anyway, Norfolk is also famous for windmills, so I she thought you might like to see one. (I thought that was Holland.....oh well)

We really did have a fabulous time. You can't go wrong when the local pub has a real fire and lets hounds inside!

Before we left, Mums stopped at a little fish shack and spent a king's ransom quite a lot of money on fishy type things. Freshly caught and out of this world!

Well goodbye Norfolk, we shall miss you very much. It's definitely somewhere we will return to.

****************************************************

Many of you will know our good friend Ellen and her cats Guido & Target from over at Katz and Other Tales Ellen is also a journalist writing for The Malaysian Star and recently interviewed me about how I came to be adopt and train my Mums. (Well she interviewed Mum, but I told her what to say....)

See I am famous! If you'd like to read the full interview, you can here:


**************************************************

Our very good friend Pip passed away on Saturday. He was quite possibly the most loved dog in Blogville and will be very sadly missed. Run Fast Run Free little fella.