Sunday, April 21, 2013

Walkies!!

It was Mum's birthday earlier this week, so Other Mum took a few days off work. The weather was sunny and dry (it won't last!) so we decided to take the opportunity to get out and about. Good choice Mum.....I thought for one minute you might decide to go to the pub!!

The most exciting thing is that I had my first "off lead experience" in an open space! Because we don't have dog parks or access to anywhere enclosed (except the tennis courts) Mum wants me to be able to walk off lead in relatively safe places. She took me to the reservoir, took a deep breath and let me go! Just for a few minutes at a time, and I was really good; didn't go nuts or anything!

Far too busy reading wee mail!

There was a lot to catch up on!

Mums decided to take me to the canal, the idea that the tow path is narrow and straight and not many options if I did a runner! Unfortunately our usual place was closed for maintenance and there were too many walkers and cyclists about, so I had to stay on lead, but it was fun and good to be out with both of them.

I do hope no one wants to come through this lock Mum!

Hirst Lock from the bottom

Spring must be here...The geese were building a nest.

The next day, and the weather was still good (if not a tad windy) so we drove to Gargrave in the Yorkshire Dales and walked along the canal there. 

The narrowboat was just about to enter the lock. 

We passed a field where the farmer had been feeding his sheep and they were all hurrying back to their usual field, following each other......like sheep!

It was so windy, poor Mrs Sheep was doing a bit of a Marilyn Monroe with her wool!

Bottoms up! Time for an en-route snack.....

You can't really tell, but I was tied to this gate to stop me blowing away!

All in all it hasn't been a bad week, and tomorrow I am off to see Ganny. As regular readers will know, this is one of my favourite things. The only downside is nice weather + big garden = bath time! I'm half hoping it might be cool and showery!

Hope everyone has a good week and I'll see you when I get back, (quite possibly smelling of tee tree and mint...pffft!)