Sunday, March 31, 2013

All Aboard!!

Good morning everyone and a very Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it.

KC and I have had a marvellous time aboard ship. We boarded on Thursday and today is our last full day on board. The time has just flown by!




We have been very lucky with the weather. Not a cloud in the sky from the moment we boarded.

KC, oddly, has been a reformed character, and, well, really, I think I might quite like her..... and I don't mean as an Hors D'oeuvre. After we had found our cabin and settled in, she told me she had organised a tour of the ship's kitchen for me......


Can you believe this?! I got to do a bit of sampling too. Unfortunately all the excitement caused me to become rather well acquainted with the mini bar and the red wine therein. And then, well, I became a little tired and emotional....and I was missing my Mums too. It should be noted that KC had no such qualms and was seen dancing the night away in her sparkly red tutu.......

The next day I felt dog rough and good for nothing. A spot of sunbathing seemed in order...zzzzzzzzzz.....

I knew I had to pull myself together as on Friday night it was the Captain's Cocktail Party. There wasn't room with all of KC's luggage for me to pack my Dinner Jacket, but at least I had my bow tie.


I danced the night away with the Captain's wife and ended up watching the sun rise from the poop deck. I assume it is called "poop deck" for a reason?.........ahem.......



On Saturday KC and I explored the ship. KC balanced carefully on the rail to see if she could see Beckett, Veil and Maddy waving from Canada. She does have rather a vivid imagination........

We spent a quiet evening, having had two nights on the tiles and awoke feeling beautifully refreshed this morning, for our last full day on board.


I've heard rumour of a farewell party this evening, so best take it easy today.  Beckett and the girls meet us tomorrow when the ship docks in New Brunswick. Then the adventure begins (after we've dropped KC off at Nanny's house...)

If you would like to follow our adventures on Facebook, you can at: https://www.facebook.com/events/410656105691887/

Deccy out