Friday, February 22, 2013

She'd forget her head if it was loose......

A couple of weeks ago, Mum and I made one of our regular trips to see Ganny. As many of you will know, we usually visit about once every 6 weeks and stay for a few days. We probably visit about 10 times a year. You see where I'm going with this? We visit Ganny A LOT and Mum has been doing so (with a Greyhound in tow) since she moved to Yorkshire nearly 6 years ago. So you'd think by now she's pretty clued up on what to take; not really likely to forget the essentials? Read on my friends.......

We arrived at Ganny's and I was pretty thirsty after the long car journey. So Mum went to fetch my bowl and stand. Except my stand was still in the kitchen at home......

"Great. A bucket. Now I feel really special......."

Later in the day, we decided to go for a walk. Mum went to fetch my lead. My lead was hanging on the hook in the hall at home. "Don't worry" said Mum. "I keep a spare lead in the car for situations just like this".

"I'm pretending I'm not with you...."

What she didn't mention was that it was a poncy girly macrame lead which a friend had made as part of a project. "Yes Mum it may screw up very small to fit in the glove box, but it looks ridiculous...." At least it matches my coat.......

I particularly like going to Ganny's as I get to sleep upstairs in Mum's room. So I was very happy when it came to bed time. "I'll just get your blankie" said Mum. "Ah............." My blankie was at home on my sofa. Ganny said she'd find something for me. 

"No Mum. The fact that it is a Ralph Lauren towel does not make this any better. It is still pink....."

On the day that we were due to come home, we woke up to this, so decided to stay another day.

Mum pretended to be a bit fed up, but I think she likes being pampered by Ganny as much as I do!

Anyway, I certainly wasn't complaining. The food is great and the service excellent......

Tea & bikkies in bed! 
"What about that one with jam & cream next Ganny"?