Monday, December 3, 2012

Farm Visits Aren't As Innocent As They May Seem......

When we had a rare sunny day not so long ago, my Mums decided we'd drive over to a local farm to buy some of their free range eggs. They have a fantastic flavour and come in all colours and sizes. Unfortunately no one thought to take a photograph to show you - really I just can't get the staff.... Mum says to tell you the duck eggs are excellent too, but we don't have a photograph of those either....

Anyway, I'm not allowed to go into the farm because of all the lunches chickens and ducks running around, but I don't really mind as I get to relax in my car with a Dentastix. They have quite a lot of other animals there too and Mum took some photographs of them......

This rather handsome Alpaca had just had a trim!

Harry teaches humans how not to fall off his back!

We weren't quite sure what Ollie's job was. Maybe to keep the kids in line by pecking them!

One of the lunches ducks.

So lots of interesting animals which my completely barmy animal loving mothers spent quite a lot of time talking to. Not that I mind, as I said. They seem very nice, but really can any of them compete with me for total handsomeness and cuddle quality? I think not.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
WTF!! Okay Mum, listen VERY carefully. PUT THE PUPPY DOWN, PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR AND WALK AWAY..........

I said PUT THE PUPPY DOWN!!

Apparently one of the working dogs on the farm (they have a lot of sheep too) had recently had a litter and this little fella was the last one left, waiting for his new home. He's a Border Collie from champion parents, so look out for him on "One Man and His Dog" in a few years! Mr farmer who knows what a complete sucker Mum is how much Mum likes dogs said we could have him but fortunately Other Mum is slightly less mad has a bit more sense and said we really weren't equipped to give a good home to a little Collie. She didn't mention that we probably couldn't afford him either!

Well thank God one of my parents has some sense. Can you imagine being usurped by that little tyke? Humph. My pointy nose would have been seriously out of joint. It was bad enough them coming back to the car wreaking of puppy......

Here is a picture of me....in case you had forgotten how lovely I am....