Monday, November 19, 2012

The Beccy & Deccy Show (with Miss Veil)!



Many of you will know my good friend Beckett and his sisters Maddy & Veil from Home Is Where the Hounds Are   Some time ago Beckett showed up wearing the most fantastic sweater. I'll be honest; I was jealous. I'm a red blooded boy, but if I'd have been a girl, I probably would have swooned.....

The boy looks good doesn't he?

Beckett and his Mum, Angela offered to send my Mums the pattern. After I'd finished rolling around on the floor laughing a short time I explained to them that Mum can't sew a button on and Other Mum is STILL crocheting the greyhound she started 10 months ago, so there wasn't a hope in hell of me getting a sweater for this winter.  "Never fear!" said Beckett. "I will ask my Nanny is she will knit a sweater for you. Nanny loves knitting..."

 Nanny Jean (who I would quite like to adopt as  another Nanny!) said she was happy to knit me a sweater so I said I'd leave the choice of colour to her and Beckett. Now Beckett likes to think he is funny has quite a sense of humour, so said he'd ask Nanny to use the left over wool from Veil's new jumper......

Yes really funny mate. Not......!

I fully accept that real men can wear pink, but I live in Yorkshire, so it's not a good idea!

A couple of weeks ago Beckett announced that Nanny had finished the jumper and he was trying it on to make sure it would be a perfect fit. Beckett is a bit bigger than me, but we have the same deep, manly chest measurement!

How good is that?!

Having agreed the fit was perfect, Beckett's Mum parceled up the sweater, and last week it arrived!

I look good don't I?!

One of the best things was that it still sniffed faintly of Beckett, and there were even one or two of his lovely brindles on it!

 It's a bit warm lying in front of the oven, Mum!

Enough of this posing Mum! We have established that I look handsome and hunky so can we now go for a walk so I can show off my new jumper  to everyone?

A very big thank you to Angela, Nanny Jean and of course me old mucker Beckett!