Friday, September 14, 2012

One More Sleep To Go........

I'm very excited as I'm off on my holidays tomorrow! We are going to North Wales and staying in a little fishing town not far from Portmeirion. You may have heard of it as it is famous for the china that was originally produced there.


 The building of the village began in 1925 and is based on Portofino in Italy - pretty odd for a village in Wales! For those of you who are old enough (!) it was also the setting for the1960's TV show The Prisoner starring Patrick McGoohan. Anyway enough of this history stuff!

I have been trying to get my packing done all week - it's so hard to know what to take.....

Can you see the fiver Ganny has sent for my holiday?!


I'm sure I need loads more than this. I have the essentials like my snorkel and mask and my crab line, but even so.....


Mum.... don't forget my blankets and bed and pillows....and my first aid kit and fresh wipes and my bowls and stand..... I'll just lie here and supervise shall I? What do you mean there isn't room for your stuff?


I'll leave you with a picture of Harlech Castle, which apparently we can see from our cottage garden. I expect this will be another holiday involving lots of bl**dy castles.   *sigh*

All the best everyone and I'll see you in a couple of weeks!