Monday, May 28, 2012

The Yorkshire Dales

Mum came back from Ganny's to spoil our fun last Thursday so her and Other Mum decided to take me on a trip on Friday as the weather was surprisingly good. It's always surprising when the weather is good in the UK; it's considered nothing short of a miracle in Yorkshire!

We went a little way north from where we live into the Yorkshire Dales National Park  The National Park was established in 1954 and covers 680 square miles covering the central Pennines, North Yorkshire and Cumbria. We went to Kilnsey Park which is a fishing, trails and nature park set in a beautiful location.

We went for a walk around the lakes. They are stocked with trout and you can see people fishing in some of the photos.



I was a bit hot and tired after that, so we found a nice shady place for a picnic.


...And no more comments about pistols and holsters please...ahemm...

We fed the ducks. Bottoms Up!!
And said hello to a passing Goose
Mum... either you're holding the camera at a funny angle, or I'm about to slide into the lake!
It's great here isn't it Mums?! Hehe!

Before we left Mums went into the farm shop and bought some oak smoked trout. We brought it home and all three of us had it for dinner! (I did offer KC some but she said she preferred canned tuna..)


What a lovely day. I'm not sure it gets much better than this!!



On a sad note, I just wanted to mention that my mate Kai had to be put to sleep yesterday. He was quite old and hadn't been well for a while but we were still very sad to hear the news and our thoughts are with his Mum, my Aunty Lou who will miss him more than words can say.


Run free little fella. I bet that right now you're running around like a young pup with your Dada and Flynny!