Monday, January 16, 2012

Baking with Declan

Don't you think my resemblance to Michel Roux Jr is remarkable?!


As some of you will know I got a book for Christmas called Cooking for Your Dog. Now that Mum has more or less managed to detach herself from the sofa I've been pestering her to help me out with some baking. So yesterday we had a go at the  Beef Crunchies. I understand my good pals over at Two Doodles and a Dane have also tried out this one, so you might want to pop over and get their opinion on them too!



There are a lot more interesting sounding recipes than this one, but these sure are tasty and so easy to make, even Other Mum can manage it ... Just kidding Other Mum, Hehe!

All you have to do is get a pack of stewing / casserole beef and cut into bite size cubes. Place on a baking tray and put in a cold oven set to 150 degrees and leave for an hour. Then open the oven door slightly (to allow for drying out) and turn the oven down to 100 degrees. Leave for 2 hours then remove from the oven and allow further drying at room temperature overnight. As I have access to the kitchen, Mum thought this was a particularly bad idea (bu**er, thought I was on to a winner there.....) so we left them in the cold oven. 

Apparently they will last for a year in an airtight container - I think we'll be doing well if we get three days out of them!

Look out for further Baking with Declan slots in the future (I hope!)



I'd also like to say thanks very much to Bringing up Bella for my Kreativ Blogger Award. I confess that this was a few weeks ago now, but what with my malingering Mums I haven't had a chance to acknowledge it until now. I am now supposed to tell you 10 things you don't know about me and nominate six of my pals for the award. Unfortunately, It has taken me so long to get to it, all my friends seem to have it already, so I'm going to cheat and miss out that bit! I will say though, that everyone I know deserves it, so if you haven't received it yet, please take it with my love!

As for the 10 things you don't know... well I don't know if you know some things or not so take your pick from below!
  • My racing name was Barrigone Bank
  • I had 61 races and retired on 14th Frebruary 2011
  • I can fart louder than any dog my Mums have ever met
  • My favourite treat is chicken & vegetables
  • I'm not sure if I love Mr Panda, Mr Teddy or Kong best
  • I growl really loudly in my sleep and sound quite vicious. I also chatter when I'm excited.
  • I have quite a pronounced over-bite that makes me look really goofy sometimes.
  • I'll happily have my teeth cleaned and barely open an eye when I have my nails clipped, even though Mum spent weeks working herself up to it! (Uncle Flynn had black nails and very long quick, so was a nightmare in the nail cutting dept.)
  • My favourite game is called Mr Crocodile, which involves me lying on my back with legs in the air, snapping my jaws whilst Mum slaps my chest!
  • My favourite person in the world, after my Mums, is my Ganny. She spoils me and has a big garden I can do zoomies in.