Monday, October 24, 2011

Lathams V-Plan Dog Food Review

Well, my mum has left me for the week and other mum is in charge now, or that's what she would like to think... I have left her with instructions to clean the cooker so that I can take control of the laptop... he he he :)

Anyway, I was very excited to receive an email the other day from a nice lady who works for Lathams Dog Food. She said I was terribly good looking, she loved my blog and I looked like a bloke with good taste. Well, I might be paraphrasing a little, but I'm sure that's what she meant.... Well, the lady asked if I'd like to review their new V- plan formula complete dog food. I like to see myself as helpful, and I'm not one to turn down a nice bowl of food, so I said I'd give it a go.....

Lathams V-Plan 2kg Turkey & Rice Large Breed-Adult

Latham's V-Plan comes in a number of varieties including, large breed, adult, puppy, mature, sensitive and light. It is available in 2kg,(£6.50), 7.5kg, (£20.00) and 10kg, (£25.00) bags from Tesco

Is this what you want me to check out?
Well, it smells nice & meaty....
Looks alright to me.....

And I like the taste.....   :-)

Mum says she likes the fact that it is veterinarian approved, hypo-allergenic and contains no artificial colours or flavourings. It also has added Glucosamine & Chondroitin which Mum currently feeds to me as a supplement, so she liked that too.


I weigh just over 30kg which means I need about 400g of V-Plan a day. A 2kg bag should last me about 5 days. I have a splash of cold water with my kibble and Mum usually adds a little something to make meal times a bit more interesting; chicken, boiled potatoes, vegetables, rice, pasta, cooked liver or a tin of sardines. Having said that, I tried the V-Plan on its own and was quite happy to eat it!

If I have one small criticism, (well I don't have any, it's just Mum being overly concerned AGAIN) it is that, as you can see, the kibble pieces are quite large. I think this is probably just a Greyhoundcentic problem, as we do tend to bolt our food and large pieces can make me cough. Mum thinks this would be fine for most large dogs though, and personally I don't mind the odd cough if there's a bowl of decent nosh involved Hehe!

For more information visit Lathams Dog Food

Declan did not receive any financial or in-kind compensation for this review