Monday, September 26, 2011

Holiday planning..

Mum says I might not have time to blog much this week as we go on holiday on Friday and I've got to help out. I think she's starting to panic. She disappeared behind a 27ft high pile of ironing three hours ago and hasn't been seen since.

 I keep hearing mutterings too.... " For God's sake, we go every year; how difficult can it be...." and " Do you really need that much stuff, you never use half of it..."  Well I do think other Mum has a point. I'm only taking my mac, my fleece and my fleece lined mac.. oh and my food, 2 bowls and stand. My bed, blanket, Mr Fog Fog, dong and ball. My lead, training lead, tin of treats, 2 towels and medical kit. Hmmmm.... moving swiftly on... :-/

I wonder if Mum thinks we might suddenly be invited to circumnavigate the globe whilst in the pub one evening and be away for a little longer than originally planned? There must be some explanation for all this stuff! Still I'm more than happy to lie on my sofa and keep out of the way, or project manage as I like to call it...

Mum has also said I'm not allowed to take the laptop away with me as we all need a proper break. That means Mum and other Mum might have to talk to each other... Blimey!! Still, there's always the Nintendo DS and the Kindle; I'd like to see Mum stop other Mum taking those with her, hehe! Perhaps there'll be a cyber-cafe in Alnwick. Do you think they'll rent out a PC to a blogging Greyhound though?

Well, I suppose I'd better go and try and find Mum... Can't see her but there are a lot of expletives coming from behind that ironing.......

13 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

How long are you going for Deccy? It sounds like fun! :D

xo
Luna

Declan said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Only a week Luna, but there's enough stuff here to last us at least 6 months. Humph! Deccy x

JM said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Declan!!! I don't think there will be any snorkelling in Northumberland... you can put those back!
Oh and btw... have we forgot about Mr FB Hippo or do we not want to take him now?

Jasmine said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Sounds like my family's trip to a place called Colorado. Apparently they go every year; I joined the family just before Daddy took the two bigger sisters this year, and they completely filled the bed of his truck with "stuff." And me, Mommy, and the baby sister didn't even go this time!! Supposedly you never know what the weather will be like in the mountains: warm, cold, snowing, raining, hence all the "stuff."

Anyway, you have a great holiday, and your mum is right. Take a break from your everyday life, and just relax!

Puppy Love,
Jasmine

Declan said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

@Jill

Oooh blimey other Mum, what are you doing here? Mum hasn't been playing on the computer; she's doing the ironing, honest! And I'm working hard packing my pigs ears... If I can't take my mask and snorkel, can I take my crabline instead? Mum says Mr FB Hippo will need surgery if he's coming with us :-/ Deccy x

jet said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Tell them they don't need to iron clothes if they are wearing them on their holidays! Ironing is only for work clothes!

Declan said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

@Jasmine
Well I guess we don't take a truck, but it is still a pretty big car! But then depending whereabouts in TX and CO your travelling to and from, it might be a very long way Hehe! Deccy

houndstooth said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Bah! What's the point of ironing clothes? They'll just get wrinkled again in the suitcase. I see you've thought out the things you'll need very carefully. I'm getting ready to start packing soon, too, and we have the same problem. We have to plan for all sorts of weather, so we end up taking too much stuff! *shudder* No way am I leaving home without the laptop, though!

Bunny

Declan said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

@houndstooth
Are you going to Greyhounds Reach the Beach at Dewey, DE for your holiday Bunny? I'd never heard of Dewey, so thought I'd look it up whilst I can still get my paws on the laptop.. Deccy x

Greyhounds CAN Sit said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Lucky everyone going on holiday! Hope you have the best time, Declan. The beach will be awesome, you'll love it:) Can you swim? Looking forward to lots of photos when you get back. Tell your Mum to stop ironing and get packing:) Hope you don't forget anything. Sounds like it's all covered though:)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

How nice of you to stop by our blog and leave a comment. We are always so happy to meet another woofie and you are one nice lookin' greyhound. We see you are about to take a holiday and it sounds like great fun. Enjoy!!! We are following your blog now and looking forward to getting to know you and your family. Hugs and nose kisses

Elaine Pritchard said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

We are a bit jealous of your get-away-from-it-all break.

The LOTH says she'd like to be surgically removed from her computer sometimes. She's got lots of work to do at the moment(which she loves) but I think by next year she'll be ready to leave every electronic device behind for a few days and run off into the countryside.

Enjoy Northumberland. It will be great for walks. Take lots of pix won't you?

Love and licks, Winnie

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Hope you have a great time in Alnwick - it is in such a beautiful part of the country. Try to get up to the Cheviots, there are loads of places you can walk around there. I can almost smell the wonderful Northumberland air from here!

H and Flo

Post a Comment