Friday, September 23, 2011

Freedom Friday

Today I got to run free off my lead for the first time in ages! Mum has been trying to find a safe fenced in area and now we have one. It's all thanks to my new friend Alan.



Mum got in touch with Alan through the Grey Walks West Yorks website and he arranged for us to to use some old fenced off tennis courts near his house. So thanks very much Alan!



I was a bit wary at first but I soon got into my stride......





..... and had a seriously good gallop! Mum says she'll take me there a couple of times a week, but it can't all be play. I think she said something about it'll be good for recall training, but I wasn't really listening. And that's the whole point Declan - Mum


Anyway, I'm one dead tired Greyhound now, so I think I'll just have a little sleep before dinner...... Have a fun weekend everyone.

6 comments:

houndstooth said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

We're on our way to the dog park right now for just that reason! We all need a good leg stretch. It looks like you had a fabulous time!

Bunny

Jasmine said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Mommy has been teaching me recall in the backyard. She knows I will soon need a lot more space to run. I do well in the house and the yard, so soon we will start practicing at the park on a long lead.
Have fun with your new play area. And listen to your mum so you can have even more freedom!

Puppy Love,
Jasmine

jet said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

We have a few good fenced places around us, but once I got Barbie's recall up to scratch we now can go to the beach and the river, both places are far from busy traffic though, just in case

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I have been learning about that recall thing too hehe..

Daddy has to find me somewhere nice and fenced in so I don't run off! :)

xo
Luna

Ellen Whyte said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Hey, no rabbit! MOL, just our idea of a joke. We're giving you an award. Check with us in about an hour?

Greyhounds CAN Sit said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Yay Declan! There's nothing like having a good off lead run is there:) Beryl and I just got home from a Greyhound walk where she is off lead most of the time. Now she's ready to go down to the river with Frankie for another hour! Learning to recall is good, you get to do lots more fun things:)

Post a Comment