Saturday, September 3, 2011

Declan's favourite things...

Food!
I love food, no, I mean I really LOVE food! When I was racing it was all a bit boring. Lots of high protein stuff and not much in the way of treats, but now the world is my lobster, or something like that!

Mum would be the first to admit she's not the fittest person in the world, but she's pathological about ensuring her pets have a good diet. She says if she chooses to stuff her face with a cream cake, she has no one but herself to blame, but I can't make choices so she has to be responsible. Personally, I think she's got that dead wrong. I am more than capable of choosing my food - if someone conveniently leaves the fridge door open.. Only this morning I spied some boiled ham which would have done very nicely for lunch and a piece of sirloin steak and a key lime pie which would have sorted out my dinner dilemma.

Mum says so far she can't find anything I don't like; I even enjoy a chew on a stick of celery. Somethings are not allowed, like chocolate, raw onions and raisins as they are poisonous to dogs. I like curry too. Mum knows this as she turned her back on me for two seconds and miraculously half a popadom, 1 chapati and a mouthful chicken rogan josh vanished. I was only trying to be helpful; I thought she'd finished and was just clearing away.. A lot of spicy food isn't good for me though. Without wishing to be indelicate, we Greyhounds do tend to suffer from...err...hmmm....well... farting. People have written books about it - really!

Anyway, as it's such as long-winded (he he he!!) subject, I might save it for another day. Bye bye for now.